Saturday, March 31, 2012

BASS FROM THE PAST

My wife Linda with a Piney Run Giant...nearly 7 pounds and 22.5 inches. She got this outstanding fish on a live shiner in May a few seasons ago. Great fish!
 Here's one I got on a home made spinnerbait at a local pond not 5 minutes from the house...2 feet off the shore on a warm July evening. 23 inches! Cool!
Another big Piney Run fish. This one hit a live bluegill I was trolling for striped bass with the planer boards. Fish measured 22 inches, and was a great October catch in 2009.
And Linda with another big farmpond bass she got on a Senko in April on 4 pound test. Heavy fish!
And then she turns around and gets this 7 pounder on a Mepps #3 white spinner on a chilly, overcast day. I tell ya', it's tough livin' with this woman! Enough to make a man sick!
But then, I have to calm her down a bit, and show her how it's done...this is a 23.5 inch  eight pounder I got in early March in 2008...another close to home farmpond bass! Wow!
And here's my buddy Loren with an excellent 5 pounder on a 4 inch Senko. Very nice!
Here, my son Matt shows an excellent 4 pound largemouth from the PA portion of the Susquehanna River on one of our hot-water trips to Brunner Island. Unusual catch! The fish on the bottom is a fine 19 inch 4 pound smallmouth that he got in the same area, different trip. Both fish took a Zoom Fat Albert on a 1/8 th ounce jig head fished close to the shore.
One of the greatest things about fishing, besides the big ones that DON'T get away, are the simple views that we all take for granted so much in this world that God created. I am sure that I have missed way too many gorgeous photo opts in the past that it's just plain ridiculous. I should always be on the look out for the beauty of the Creator, rather than trying to pursue fish, the created things, from our God.

There's a lot of cool stuff in Psalms...check out Psalm 104: 24,25, it says...
'How many are your works, Oh Lord!
In wisdom you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures,
teeming with creatures beyond number, living things both large and small'

Think about that, if you can, the next time you catch a big bass! or even, a small one...

1 comment:

  1. Those are some nice fish, I have a couple 5 pounders and some 4 pounders under my belt, along with a 4lb Smallie, but wow, those are really giants.

    ReplyDelete