Monday, March 12, 2012

March Madness...What to Fish For?

Back here in the Mid-Atlantic east, the weather has been very mild, with record temperatures still on the way for the second week of March. It's just mad, I tell you, mad! Fishing has exploded, and it wasn't at all bad all through the winter. I have abandoned, at least temporarily, my carp fishing effort in an attempt to put some panfish fillets in the freezer. And...life is good...
Here's a close up of a pond gill on a 1/64 oz chub head microjig and worm chunk. Nice fish!
Another excellent bluegill from the local panfish factory. Purdy....!
Dinky bass show up now and then as well. Don't tell anybody I caught this, please?
Kept a dozen for the pan...yummy!
And I like this way-cool pic of a big bluegill with the sunset reflecting in it's eye...somethin', huh?

But bluegills weren't the only thing that was biting lately...check out these critters...
My fishing buddy, Norm , with an outstanding slab crappie that took a jig below a bobber at Piney Run Lake, in central Maryland. Nice fish, we also got gills. trout and small bass on that windy, warm day.
Here's one of 114 crappie I got at Piney Run recently. Kept 11 for the Friday Night Gronaw Fish Fry put on by me and my wife, Linda.
Dink bass seem to be everywhere this year...cute little guy.
But now and again you get a bigger bass. This fine 19 incher hit a Rat-L-Trap with force when I gave up on cold-front gills and tossed lures for bass. It was my first 'decent' bass of the season. Released her.

Let's face it...fishing is a great, great sport that not only puts us in contact with God's Creation, but enables us to enjoy his handiwork in all the mountains, streams, lakes, fields and the rain, wind and sky. You just can't look out there and not see God in all the things that are of natural beauty. Birds, animals, flowers, fish...they are all His, and they are ours to enjoy, not abuse or annihlate. He created them for us to enjoy, and to make good use of. Everything we need has been provided for us. Despite the incredible wealth of knowledge on the internet and in millions of volumes of texts, none, no none, surpass the knowledge of the Bible as He accurately gave it to many men through His visions to them. In 2 Timothy 3:16, it says. " All scripture is God-breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God can may be thoroughly equipped for every good work'.

I have tons of fishing tackle, but I'd rather be equipped by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment